Premier’s Anzac Memorial Scholarship
2020 Premier’s Anzac Memorial Scholarship
Cronulla High has been drawn from a ballot to be part of the 2020 Premier’s Anzac Memorial Scholarship (PAMS).
The Scholarship will fund a study tour for 20 young people to travel to Greece and Singapore during late September and early October 2020. Scholars will learn about the scope and nature of warfare in both the First and Second World Wars, and visit the battlefields where the Anzacs fought, to learn about and commemorate their service.
What Does This Mean For Cronulla High School Students?
One student will be selected to take part in this once in a lifetime tour. Students wanting to apply need to meet the following criteria:
- Only students in Years 9 and 10 in 2019 are eligible apply.
- Students must be studying History in Years 10 or 11 in 2020 to be eligible.
- Students must turn 16 years of age by 31 December 2020 in order to be eligible for the Scholarship.
- Must be an Australian Citizen or permanent resident of Australia
Students wanting to apply need to complete a PAMS 2020 application form and prepare and submit a piece of work in response to the following topic:
‘How did the scope and nature of warfare change from the First to the Second World War? Explore in relation to two or more of the following: weaponry, medicine, communications technologies, transportation, mechanisation.’
Entries must be presented in one of the following forms:
Power point presentation
Video presentation, with narration (maximum 3 minutes in length)
- Art work (must be accompanied by a written exposition of 500-1000 words and a bibliography)
All entries, regardless of format, must also meet the following criteria:
- Not exceed 1000 words in length (excluding the bibliography)
- Demonstrate historical understanding of the topic
- Include an accurate and varied bibliography of different source types, not only those found online
- Be original and not use the words or ideas of other people without acknowledgement.
- Submit your application form and piece of work to your school principal by Friday 7 February 2020.
- Your school will shortlist entries and select applicants for interview.
- A school/community selection panel of four people will be assembled by your school, chaired by the principal. The panel should include: one community member, in the first instance a representative of the local RSL; a member of the teaching staff (executive or non-executive); a school parent (e.g. member of the P&C). Government schools may also consider inviting a member of the local NSW Aboriginal Education Consultative Group to participate.
- If you are selected for interview you will be invited to present your piece of work to the panel and discuss how it relates to the theme.
- Your school will complete a selection panel report and forward three candidates to OVA for consideration by 28 February 2020.
- OVA will consider all entries and reports submitted by schools.
- OVA will select one student per school to be awarded the Scholarship and inform schools by 16 March 2020.
Special thanks to Mr James Anderson, Head Teacher HSIE for taking the time to enter Cronulla High School into the PAMS 2020 ballot.
Students wanting to apply for this Scholarship need to see Mr Ibrahim for the application and information package.PAMS 2020 Student Information Booklet Rubric